YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – The Youngstown/Warren Regional Chamber on Thursday announced the six business leaders it will honor during its 2023 Salute To Business event.
The event will take place from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. Aug. 31 at the Eastwood Event Centre. The cost is $40 for members and $50 for nonmembers. Register HERE.
The 2023 Salute To Business Award recipients are:
- Business Professional of the Year: Chuck George, managing partner of Sapientia Ventures.
- Business Advocate of the Year: Anthony Trevena, executive director of the Western Reserve Port Authority.
- Entrepreneurs of the Year: Evan Schumann and Marisa Sergi-Schumann, co-owners of L’uva Bella Winery.
- Small Business Professional of the Year: Keith Dunbar, president of Bral Corp.
- Salute To Labor Achievement Award: Marty Loney, business manager for UA Local 396 Plumbers & Pipefitters.
Special recognition will be given to Warren native John Zabrucky, a renowned prop designer and founder of Modern Props Inc. Through his prop design and rental company, Zabrucky has created props for many science fiction movies, including “Ghostbusters II,” “RoboCop,” “X-Men” and “Back to the Future II.” A collection of his props were donated to the Trumbull County Historical Society to one day be displayed in a new museum.
The event will also feature a keynote presentation from a group of panelists on repopulation efforts. Last year, the Regional Chamber and its partners announced a repopulation effort to meet the demands of the Mahoning Valley’s employers and fill thousands of available positions.
The new job creation is projected to be at a sustained level that is greater than previous annual growth, creating a greater need for a growing population.
Experts who will participate in the discussion include Lee Williams, chief program officer with Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Services, and Brian Corbin, executive vice president of Catholic Charities. The discussion will be moderated by Lisa Long, financial resource development director for the Youngstown Area Jewish Federation.
Pictured at top: Top row, from left: Chuck George, Anthony Trevena and Keith Dunbar; bottom row, from left: Evan Schumann, Marisa Sergi-Schumann and Marty Loney.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.