I graduated from Computer Science (Software Engineering) faculty of Kabul University.
I am determined individual who strived to become a successful professional software engineer, help other Afghan girls and women learn technology and remove barriers to girls/women working in the computer science field and technology sector. Since women have little opportunity at education and jobs in technology sector and thought to be unsuitable for this type of work. These challenges facing girls/women have made me work harder to achieve my goal and become an example to encourage other girls/women study computer science and break through the field.
I started my professional career as an application developer with a private company in Kabul, Afghanistan, then took a job with an international organization as a Database Officer and currently working as Project Data Manager for USAID: ACEBA and I have membership of many national and international organizations too.
I am passionate about technology, developing youth, peace, Human rights, developing and empowering young girls to pursue careers in ICT and about providing them with the skills to innovate the country’s tech industry.
It’s worth mentioning that I have received an appreciation award from the Afghan Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT) and was recognized as one of the 10 top talents who works in ICT sector in the country. Moreover, I was nominated by the us embassy to participate in Indo-Afghan tech camp on sustainable urbanization and development which was held on July 2019 in India:Mumbai and recently I have been nominated by international WomenTech network for the Global Ambassador Award 2020.
I was the first and only Afghan invited to participate in Doha Youth Camp for Humanitarian Work in the state of Qatar as well as I was selected to attend Global Solutions summit: berlin Germany.
Recently I have been selected from Afghanistan to participate in GlobalFact7 which is going to be held in Australia.
Membership and experiences
- SheLeadsTech Ambassador for Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA): United States.
- Member of Young Global Changers: Berlin Germany
Web Technology Team Lead (PANEXE Afghanistan)
- Global Ambassador for International WomenTech network.
- Member of Women Techmakers
- Alumni of US Embassy’s Emerging Leaders Advisory Council (ELAC)
- Member of TechCamp: Mumbai
- Member of Young World leaders’ program
- Member of Internet Society
- Country Representative, program Manager for Peace360 Initiative
- Advocacy Manager for Human rights (Organization for development of Democracy)
- Country Ambassador for LEO Model United Nations 2020
I have been part of many short, long-term programs in the fields of, technology, peace, leadership, Management, women empowerment, and human rights organized by national and international organizations.